All of our teacher trainings are structured to be beneficial and enjoyable for those who wish not to teach. We believe yoga is a path of lifelong learning. Teacher training is a term that we use because we are Yoga Alliance and Washington State Certified Teaching Vocational School and that is the language that they determined for these classes. But that does not mean that these trainings are restricted for teachers only. We welcome everyone who is curious, who enjoys learning, who wishes to understand yoga in a deeper level.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass successfully the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
This Backward Bending course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- 2.5-hour workshop that will provide tools and techniques on how to practice and teach backward bends safely and correctly
- Anatomy lecture and discussion with a physical therapist on muscular awareness and structural integrity in backward bends
- How to insert backward bends into a regular flow class in a way that is safe, energetically balanced, and accessible to your students
- How to construct a backward bending workshop that is appropriate for both beginner and advanced practitioners
- Study of the chakras that are energetically relevant to backward bends
- Teaching mindful awareness and inner peace through backward bending
- How to avoid the pitfalls of over-trying or attachment to asana
- Practice teaching backward bends