All of our teacher trainings are structured to be beneficial and enjoyable for those who wish not to teach. We believe yoga is a path of lifelong learning. Teacher training is a term that we use because we are Yoga Alliance and Washington State Certified Teaching Vocational School and that is the language that they determined for these classes. But that does not mean that these trainings are restricted for teachers only. We welcome everyone who is curious, who enjoys learning, who wishes to understand yoga in a deeper level.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass successfully the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
This course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- Concise history of the Sanskrit language
- Basic Sanskrit grammar and guide to pronunciation
- Correct pronunciation of the most common asana names
- The hidden meanings and myths behind some asana names
- Sanskrit terminology relevant to the practice and teaching of yoga
- Classical Surya Namaskar with Mantra recitation
- Study of the 9 obstacles to yoga from the perspective of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (and the meanings of the obstacle names in Sanskrit), and how to avoid them while practicing and teaching yoga
Upon completion of this course, you will have a deeper appreciation for the cultural origins of yoga as well as a deeper understanding of the original meaning of this powerful practice.