Happy Holidays Everyone.
My husband and I like to celebrate Christmas Eve all huddled up and snuggled up front of our fireplace. We move a tiny side table into the living room and set up a tiny dining area. That beautiful coffee table, Regan made that for me, it was last year’s Christmas present. Yes, I just had to brag, he is such a creative and handy guy, he makes our home beautiful. (and trust me, out home needed lot’s of help, we got a fixer-upper…)
I decided to keep the Holidays very healthy. I am so happy about it, we feel better, and honestly, I do not miss all those cookies and sugar comas… We had a Paleo Menu on Christmas Eve.
- Tri-olive Dip with Tahini and Cashew Cheese Dip served with celery sticks and lettuce leafs
- Creamed Asparagus Soup
- Chanterelle Mushrooms in a white wine reduction over spaghetti squash and grilled shrimp
- Cherry “cake” made from Plantains instead of flour.
Anyway, I will not write long since it is snowing outside, and we can’t wait to go for a Christmas Day hike. I will share with you a Cashew Cheese Dip recipe; it is super healthy and very tasty. I learned it from Heidi who also teaches at Spira and she is also an amazing chef of Paleo/Keto recipes.
- Cashews, unsalted and raw soaked overnight – one generous cup
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
The method –
Put all ingredients in a food processor and add little water, about half a cup, just enough to make it creamy and smooth. DONE