This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to collect 300-Hr points toward their 500-Hr certificate. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge in yoga.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass successfully the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
We will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- History of Ayurveda, its sources in ancient texts
- Relationship between Yoga & Ayurveda
- The 24 cosmic principles (Tattvas)
- Review of the gunas
- Review of the doshas
- Review of the Ayurvedic dietary principles
- Comparison between an Ayurvedic diet based on the doshas versus a yogic sattvic diet
- The energetics of Ayurveda: prana, tejas & ojas
- How western medicine views stress and the immune system
- Comparative analysis of Ayurvedic, yogic and contemporary perspectives on prana and the subtle body
- Nature & The Ayurvedic seasons
- Daily rhythms
- How to design and teach a yoga class: (a) to balance or tame a particular dosha; (2) inspired by the current Ayurvedic season; or (3) based on daily rhythms