SCROLL DOWN for information on all of our workshops -
All workshop sales are final! If you are not able to attend let us know prior to the event and we can transfer you money to your account for use at a future workshop. But we do not refund workshops via cash or credit card.
Looking for information on Kids or Family Yoga — please visit the Kid’s Page under the Classes pull down menu for the scoop.
PART 1: Hips/Shoulders Nov. 16th, 2013 12:30-3:00
PART 2: Low Back/Neck Dec. 7th, 2013 12:30-3:00
- Each workshop is $40 on the day of the workshop
- Buy early and save; each workshop is $35 is you purchase early
- Buy both workshops and save even more! Buy early and pay $60 for both or purchase both the day of the first workshop for $70
Re-Build, Re-Balance, Re-Align Your Body, Mind, Spirit Work with Gianna Carotenuto, Ph.D., whose 15 year yoga teaching experience and 20 year practice will help you to find solutions for your injuries. Long-term or recent injuries can be re-educated and healed through your own yoga practice. Find the way to recovery!!
• Learn the poses that work for you rather than against you.
• Receive adjustments that will change your body’s alignment.
• Find new ways to do difficult poses.
• Re-Educate your body with clear guidelines & focused attention.
1 hour of gentle yoga followed by 30 minutes of savasana
December 7th 6:45pm-8:18pm
All sales are final! No returns on workshop.
$30 prepay, $35 at the door
Please join us for a special evening of yoga and sound healing with Brenda and Daniella White. Brenda will lead you through an hour long gentle yoga flow, accompanied by the replenishing frequencies of Daniella’s crystal bowls and gong playing. The sounds are gentle yet powerful and will allow you to find a deeper rhythm of breath to your practice. We will end with an extended sound bath in 30minutes long savasana where Daniella will lead you into a relaxing meditation, adding vocal toning. The savasana will help you de-stress and rejuvenate your mind and body. The combination of these two powerful practices will help bring movement to your chi and guide your body to self healing. Participants often report the best night of sleep they can remember after attending a sound bath. It is great for releasing stress!
40 Days of Introspection – Yoga, Meditation & Nutrition, with Dora
Coming to you early 2014 – Meetings every Friday night from 7:30pm-9:30pm starting January 10th – Feb 19th
Cost: $299 early registration (ends December 11th), $345 late registration (costs includes 40 days of unlimited yoga at Spira and weekend meetings) You can make 3 convenient payments of $115.00 each. If you have a membership, you can freeze it for the program and re-activate it upon program completion.
Do you have a new year’s resolution? If you want to live a happier and healthier life 40 days of introspection is for you!
The greatest lessons of yoga are not on your mat, but in everyday life!
How we live and conduct our life is yoga. We should all live a joyful, loving, thriving experience at work, at home, with our partners and in our bodies.
To purchase click here - Workshops are NOT refundable
Are you living to your full potential?
During this workshop you will strengthen and tone your body as you will have to do your very best to practice yoga 6 days a week for 40 days.
- We will read two amazing books and take time to discuss topics mentioned in the books as it relates to our lives and our habits.
- We will focus on cleaning up our eating habits and building more loving awareness to how we eat. You will learn about nutrition, and the mind body connection to our foods.
- And most importantly we will delve into our mind. Without judgment and/or criticism you will journal everyday about your emotions and feelings. We will explore meditation practices and weekly themes to guide us through the process. By the end of 40 days you will leave with healthier habits and better knowledge of yourself!
YOGA PRACTICE: Attend 6 days a week of yoga at Spira Power Yoga. The 7th day is a restorative home practice, optional yoga class, or day of rest. (cost of membership is included in the price of the workshop)
MEDITATION: At home or before classes in the mornings and evenings.
WEEKLY MEETINGS: We will gather together for group discussions, meditation, and journaling. Friday nights 7:30pm
READING MATERIAL (supplied with the cost of the workshop): The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt The 5 Love Languages by Gary Champman A few printed material in the form of handouts.
VIDEO: During the class we will have discussions on nutrition. As extra material you may wish to view a few videos at home.
Here is a link to our blog about last year’s 40 Days: http://spirapoweryoga.com/this-i-believe-about-40days
Power-full Effort-less Core with Jonathan
Saturday January 18th 2014 from 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
$35 prepay, $40 day of the workshop
All sales are final, no returns on workshop
2.5 hours dedicated to abdominal strengtheners! Now that is hard core!
Without effort and struggle your body and mind open to possibilities, your yoga practice becomes power-full and effort-less.
In this workshop you’ll use breath, visualization and mindfulness to create a new kind of relationship with your core, exploring the space between power and relaxation.
Some of the poses we’ll practice during this workshop:
- Kapalabhati (pranayama)
- Elbow to Knee (ab exercise)
- Unlocking the power of shoulders
- Splits and Scissors
There will be a short meditation to end the class (instruction given) to help calm our mind and integrate our energy.
Jonathan has practiced yoga and meditation since 1979 and taught yoga since 1997. He has studied yoga and Zen meditation with masters.
His teaching is grounded in his meditation practice, powerful yet relaxing. He does not strive to force you to achieve the pose but rather seeks to guide you to a balanced place between exertion and repose (action and surrender).
“With time and practice you’ll become your own teacher, discovering through your yoga practice wisdom that is applicable in your daily life”
Due to popular demand - Next detox is in spring of 2014
Take THE 21 DAY DETOX CHALLENGE
Meeting dates are Saturdays 11:30am-12:30pm
With Michelle Babb, MS, RD
You will feel brighter, lighter and stronger! The Detox challenge is 21 days of unlimited yoga PLUS the nutritional guidance from nutritionist, Michelle Babb, MS, RD. Michelle will help you bring delicious fresh fruits and vegetables into your daily eating habit
Benefits of Detox:
Weight loss Improved energy Mood stability Reduced joint and muscle pain • Skin improvements • Better digestion • Sleep improvements
- Three weeks of expert guidance to help make the cleanse easy and enjoyable
- Recipes and food prep tips and demos
- Three weeks unlimited yoga at Spira
- Weekly fresh produce pickup at Spira
Meeting Dates (all meetings are from 11:30am-12:30pm at Spira)
Join detox specialist Michelle Babb, MS, RD, for a 21-day detox to restore balance in your body and put you on the path toward optimal health!
- TBA – Learn what foods to include and exclude and get ready to feel fabulous!
- TBA – Find out which anti-inflammatory foods can help the body detox naturally.
TBA – Enjoy a detox-friendly food demo, talk about transitioning from the cleanse, and make a plan for lasting success
Program Cost = $250