- Eat a small meal or snack an hour or so before class. Avoid large meals!
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early so you have time to change and get set up before class starts.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle. We do not sell bottled water but provide water for you to fill your own container.
- Please bring your own yoga mat, or purchase one from the studio. If you forget your mat, you may use one of ours for free.
- Students DO sweat buckets! A large towel to place on top of your yoga mat is extremely helpful. A small towel to wipe off your face and hands is also super helpful. Towels are available for $1 each.
- Wear light clothing that allows you a full range of motion. Clothes that you would normally work out in work best.
- Come to class as often as you can. Try to come on consecutive days. Every day is not too much.
In an effort to respect the environment, we do not sell bottled water. Please remember to bring your own water bottle. It can be filled at the studio. If you do forget, we do have paper cups but want to encourage you to be mindful of the environment too and only use a paper cup when no other option is available.
During each session, the instructor will be continuously directing the students as a group to move their bodies through the postures as well as assisting and correcting individuals with their voice, visual demonstrations, and physical adjustments.
Leave expectations and ego at the door. You never know what your body will do today. Yoga is a practice of non-judgment and non attachment. We don’t compare our practice to others around us, and we don’t judge own practice!
There are no mirrors in the studio to help with this process! Focus on how the movement feels, listening to your breath and be prepared to sweat!