How to use stress to help you.
The art of awareness, mindfulness and meditation.
May 17th-19th 2019 we may offer this earlier as well, keep checking!
All of our teacher trainings are structured to be beneficial and enjoyable for those who wish not to teach. We believe yoga is a path of lifelong learning. Teacher training is a term that we use because we are Yoga Alliance and Washington State Certified Teaching Vocational School and that is the language that they determined for these classes. But that does not mean that these trainings are restricted for teachers only. We welcome everyone who is curious, who enjoys learning, who wishes to understand yoga in a deeper level.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass successfully the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
You will learn to understand where modern theories on consciousness and brain function meet every-day practicality and traditional yogic philosophy. We will cover basic neuroscience and brain function and their application towards mindful living, self-awareness and meditation. We will also cover:
- Modern-day applications of mindfulness and meditation
- What “meditation” is, and the myths and misconceptions about meditation
- Different kinds of meditation practices
- A doctor’s perspective on stress and its effects on mind & body (Ph.D. presentation)
- Neuroplasticity, meditation, and the brain
- How meditation trains your attention and has the power to change self-identity
- The mind-body connection and creating well-being
- How to shift the stress response
- Experiences in meditation
- The spiritual side of meditation: mystic and wisdom traditions, awakened states of awareness, and self-discovery
- How to relate to students and their questions when teaching meditation