Prepare for class at Spira Yoga in West Seattle-
- Drink plenty of water before class and stay well hydrated throughout the entire day.
- Be sure to come to class with an empty stomach — no food 2-3 hours before class.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early so you can begin to relax and get settled into the studio.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle (or buy one from us) and use our cooler to refill it before or after class for $1.
- Students must use a mat for every class. Please bring your own yoga mat, or purchase one from the studio. If you forget your mat, you may rent one of ours for $1.
- Place your towel under you (on top of your mat) before you start each class. Students DO sweat buckets! If you forget your towel, you may rent one of ours for $1.
- Please try to be on time.
- Come to class as often as you can. Try to come on consecutive days. Everyday is not too much.
- Wear light clothing that allows you a full range of motion such as shorts and a t-shirt, or workout stretch clothes.
We are trying our best to respect the environment, thus we do not sell water bottles. Please bring your own. If you do forget, we will have some paper cups, water and fresh tea… But we can do a whole lot, one paper cup at the time!
During each session, the instructor will be constantly directing the student body through the postures as well as assisting and correcting individuals.
Leave expectations and ego at the door. You never know what your body will do today. Yoga is a practice of non-judgment. We don’t compare our practice to others around us, and don’t judge your own practice! There are no mirrors in the studio to help with this process! Focus on having fun in your body! Who cares about the rest! ϑ
Be prepared to sweat!